9:30 - 17:30

Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.

+44 20 3417 3859

Call Us For Consultation


Email Us For Consultation

Request a Review of a Homeless decision

If you disagree with the decision of a local authority within your homeless application, you have the rights to ask for that decison to be reviewed by a senior officer who was not involved in the original decision. 
The process is called a section 202 review.  At Adel Jibs & Co Solicitors, we can assist you with responding to a homeless application decision. You may be entitlled to legal aid.

You have the rights to seek a review of homeless application if the following decision has been made.

  • eligibility – If you have been found not eligible or restricted access to housing
  • homelessness – If you have been found to be not homeless
  • the reasonable steps, or changes to those steps, set out in your Personalised Housing Plan – to prevent or relieve your homelessness
  • priority need – If you have been found to be non priority
  • intentionality – If you have been found to be intentionally homeless
  • referral to another local authority – If the decision is to refer your case to another council or that the conditions for referral have been met
  • suitability of accommodation – Final Offer of accommodation to end the homeless duty owed to you
  • discharge of duty – Where the local authority determines it no longer owes you a duty because of a change in circumstances, due to an act resulting in the loss of your temporary accommodation offer or an unreasonable refusal of a suitable offer of settled accommodation
  • a decision that you have deliberately and unreasonably failed to cooperate with the council.
  • the Prevention Duty has been brought to an end
  • the Relief Duty has been brought to an end
You have the rights to request for review and this must be within 21 days of the date of the decision letter. It is important that some local authority sometimes are reluctant to extend this 21 days period.

 In your request for review, you should explain why you feel the decision is wrong and incorrect and submit any supporting evidence where necessary. If the original decision is upheld, you may seek an appeal through the county court.
Our Housing Solicitors is here to help you today.

Advice and guide for private renting and possession claims

Guide For Landlords – Questions About Tenant Evictions Answered.

Changes To Notice Periods In England From 1 October 2021 – Section 21

What Should You Do If Your Rental Property Is In Disrepair?

If the tenant does not leave the landlord must seek a warrant for eviction from the court and the court will then arrange for bailiffs to evict the tenant. Once again, your landlord cannot evict by any other method.

We offer a free initial enquiry, so you can find out what your options are without having to worry about the cost. We will discuss the Legal Aid Option with you. We cover the Edmonton Green, Enfield and Tottenham areas.

Our solicitors in Edmonton are here and ready to help. We pride ourselves on getting results.

Call us on 02034173859, email info@adeljibssolicitors.co.uk or you can complete our Free Online Enquiry Form and we will be in touch soon.

##Contact our Housing Law Solicitors in Enfield Today.

You can complete your will initial enquiry online with us by clicking here.



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

On Key

Related Posts

Can you get legal aid for care proceedings ?

At Adel Jibs & Co Solicitors, we understand that facing accusations of causing physical harm to your child is an incredibly distressing situation. Navigating the legal intricacies of such cases can be daunting, and we are committed to providing clear

Guiding You Through Care Proceeding

At Adel Jibs & Co Solicitors, we understand the profound concern and distress parents face when involved in care proceedings. The prospect can be daunting, surrounded by a sea of misinformation and complex legal jargon. Adel Jibs is well-versed in

without notice” domestic violence injunctions

One of the remedies available to individuals suffering domestic violence is to apply for a protective injunction from the court under the Family Law Act 1996, taking the form of “non-molestation” and “occupation” orders. Applications can be made “on notice”

Set aside order for sale

Applying to Court for an Order for Sale

Navigating joint property ownership can be complex, especially when both parties aren’t in agreement. Learn about the ‘Order for Sale’, how it applies to ‘tenants in common’, and the legal avenues available when disagreements arise. Adel Jibs & Co Solicitors

WordPress Cookie Plugin by Real Cookie Banner