Residential Property with Adel Jibs & Co Solicitors
The duration for a transaction, from the acceptance of your offer to the moment you move into your new home, varies based on numerous factors. Typically, the process could between 6-8 weeks. In the following circumstances (and sometimes it can be a combination of these circumstances) a transaction can take significantly longer, between 2 and 3 months.
A chain-free vacant possession property, this situation can extend the process to between 2 and 4 months. In such circumstances, additional charges could be levied:
- When involved in a chain.
- If the property currently houses a tenant who needs to be evicted.
- If the property’s seller has passed away, and probate has yet to be granted.
Included Services in our Fee Quotes:
- Understanding your requirements and offering initial advice.
- Check finances are in place to fund purchase.
- Receive and advise on contract and supporting documents provided.
- Carry out searches and making any necessary enquiries of seller’s solicitor once instructed.
- Draft and engross the Transfer
- Reporting to you on all documents and information received
- Obtain your signature on the final contract, Transfer.
- Advise you on joint ownership
- Obtain pre-completion searches
- Arranging exchange and completion by arranging all documents to be signed and obtaining the mortgage from the lender,
- Deal with stamp duty land tax and registration
We know selling your property and buying a new one is exciting, however, if you are not sure of the process it can be a little daunting. At Adel Jibs we continue to help property owners locally and across London with their conveyancing needs.
For a free no obligation quote call our conveyancing team on 02034173859 today.
As a freehold property owner, you have full ownership of the property and the land on your property. Most houses in the United Kingdom are freehold properties.
If you have a leasehold property this is most common with flats and apartments, you would have to pay rent on the land built on your property.
With a house you are buying the freehold and with a flat you are buying a share of the freehold.
What is the benefit of purchasing a freehold property?
The purchase of a freehold property gives the purchaser not only the benefit of being able to extend a lease but also the ability to run affairs and manage .
Is it possible to purchase the freehold?
Yes, however there are some conditions that must be met before application can be made to the landlord to purchase the freehold of the building and they are.
- The building must have a minimum of at least two flats.
- Where there are only two flats both of the lease holders must participate.
- In a larger block of flats the number of leaseholders who wish to participate must represent at least 50% of the flats of the building.
- There must not be more than 25% of the internal floor area of the building in non-residential use, for instance a restaurant or shop.
Why Choose Adel Jibs for your Freehold Conveyancing ?
We’ve helped people and continue to do so across London to help them buy and sell their property with minimal fuss and ensuing that you understand the whole proceed using our refined approach.
For a friendly and personal service, contact our conveyancing on 02034173859 and get you free no obligation quote.
We now offer late night legal advice, by appointment only, on Tuesday, until 8pm.