If your landlord requires possession of your property using a Section 21 notice, you must be given at least two months notification that possession of the property is required.

The notice:

  1. Must state possession of the property is sought under Section 21 of the Housing Act 1988; and
  2. Provide information about the procedure for gaining possession and where you the tenant can get help and advice on the matter.

At Adel Jibs we can assist you if you have been served with a Section 21 Notice that requires you to move out of the property. You can get help if you do not know if you are entitled to stay in possession of the rented property after the notice runs out.

With our solicitors in Enfield, Edmonton, Tottenham you will get the decided help needed.

The Community Legal Fund (formerly Legal Aid), administered by the Community Legal Service (formerly the Legal Aid Board) may be able to help with some or all of the cost of legal advice and representation at court

Getting that early advice makes a difference!

If a residential occupier receives a valid Section 21 Notice, then the occupier should leave the property.

Your landlord must apply to the court for a Possession Order before the tenant can lawfully be evicted.

Advice and guide for private renting and possession claims

Guide For Landlords – Questions About Tenant Evictions Answered.

Changes To Notice Periods In England From 1 October 2021 – Section 21

What Should You Do If Your Rental Property Is In Disrepair?

If the tenant does not leave the landlord must seek a warrant for eviction from the court and the court will then arrange for bailiffs to evict the tenant. Once again, your landlord cannot evict by any other method.

We offer a free initial enquiry, so you can find out what your options are without having to worry about the cost. We will discuss the Legal Aid Option with you. We cover the Edmonton Green, Enfield and Tottenham areas.

Call us on 02034173859, email info@adeljibssolicitors.co.uk or you can complete our Free Online Enquiry Form and we will be in touch soon.

##Contact our Housing Law Solicitors in Enfield Today.

You can complete your will initial enquiry online with us by clicking here..