9:30 - 17:30

Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.

+44 20 3417 3859

Call Us For Consultation


Email Us For Consultation

What to do if your UK visitors visa is refused

If your UK visitor visa has been refused, you have the right to request a review of the decision or to appeal the decision.  Visitors visas may be refused for a wide range of reasons, including where the Home Office believes that: a) Applicant is not a genuine visitor b) Do not meet the suitability requirements c) Do not meet sufficient funds or accommodation.

Here are steps you can take if your UK visa has been refused:

  1. Request a review: You can request a review of the decision if you believe that the decision was wrong or if you have new information that was not considered when the original decision was made.
  2. File an appeal: If your request for review is not successful or if you do not wish to request a review, you can file an appeal with the Immigration and Asylum Chamber of the First-tier Tribunal.
  3. Prepare for your appeal: It’s important to gather all relevant documentation and prepare your case before your appeal hearing. This may include evidence of your ties to your home country, your financial situation, and any other factors that may support your appeal.
  4. Attend your appeal hearing: At the hearing, you will have the opportunity to present your case and explain why you believe the original decision was wrong. The tribunal will consider the evidence you present and make a new decision on your case.

If your appeal is successful, your visa will be granted. If your appeal is unsuccessful, you may be able to file a further appeal with the Upper Tribunal or seek judicial review in the High Court. It’s important to seek legal advice if you are considering these options.

How can Adel Jibs can help?

Adel Jibs is a leading immigration law firm based in London. Our immigration lawyers specialise in assisting visitors coming to the UK, whether to visit a friend or family or any other permitted person.

Our team of immigration solicitors can help you with:

  • Appealing a refusal of your visitor visa
  • Applying for a short or long visitor visa on your behalf and for your family members
  • Checking if you have any other UK visa options available
  • Dealing with any questions or request for additional information from the House Office.


Our Previous Post:

Myths About Making a Will
Why you need a housing lawyer
Ai and humans can work together



The information given here is intended for general information purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice.



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

On Key

Related Posts

without notice” domestic violence injunctions

One of the remedies available to individuals suffering domestic violence is to apply for a protective injunction from the court under the Family Law Act 1996, taking the form of “non-molestation” and “occupation” orders. Applications can be made “on notice”

Set aside order for sale

Applying to Court for an Order for Sale

Navigating joint property ownership can be complex, especially when both parties aren’t in agreement. Learn about the ‘Order for Sale’, how it applies to ‘tenants in common’, and the legal avenues available when disagreements arise. Adel Jibs & Co Solicitors

Understanding Trusts of Land and Inheritance Act Claims

When it comes to property ownership in the united kingdom disputes, disagreements often arise over how assets are divided. Property, being the most substantial asset many own, is frequently at the heart of these disputes. Two primary areas of law

WordPress Cookie Plugin by Real Cookie Banner