9:30 - 17:30

Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.

+44 20 3417 3859

Call Us For Consultation


Email Us For Consultation

Housing Disrepair – Success Story

The Housing Team at Adel Jibs Solicitors continues to defend the rights of tenants. We understand how your life can be turned upside down when your landlord refuses to carry out repair works in your home.

Today, we share details of another successful disrepair claim to show tenants like yourself that help is available to get results and gain compensation.

The firm was instructed to deal with a case involving serious housing disrepair, severe mould, and damp throughout the property going back 5 years. The landlord had simply disregarded the need to carry out works.

It is an implied term of the tenancy agreement under section 11 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 that our client’s landlord would keep in repair the structure and exterior of the dwelling house and the installation therein for the supply of gas, water, sanitation and space heating.

In the above matter, we prepared a detailed letter before action which was sent to the landlord. Further, instructions were prepared and sent to an independent surveyor to attend the property and thereafter provide us with a report on the conditions of our client’s property.

The survey carried out identified that the property suffers from structural disrepair which the landlord should have carried out. The landlord disagreed with the disrepair and offered only a nominal sum of compensation.

Our Housing Team issued proceedings against the landlord for an order of specific performance compelling works to be carried out in compliance with the independent expert report, damages and costs. 

The claim was defended by the claimant’s landlord. However, the parties negotiated upon terms for settlement including completion of all repair works, and payment of damages, and payment of claimant’s cost.

To discuss with our Housing Solicitors today, call Adel Jibs & Co Solicitors on 02034173859. Alternatively, you can email us on info@adeljibssolicitors.co.uk or click the link to be directed to our contact Contact Form.



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

On Key

Related Posts


At Adel Jibs & Co Solicitors, we understand the emotional turmoil and legal complexities that come with being served a non-molestation order. If you find yourself in this situation, you may be wondering, “Can you contest a non-molestation order?” The

International Divorce and Child Custody Cases – Protect Your Rights

In today’s interconnected world, international divorce and child custody cases are becoming increasingly common. When couples with different nationalities or those who have lived, worked, or gotten married in multiple countries face the breakdown of their marriage, navigating the complex

Fighting a Repossession Order: How we Can Help You

Are you struggling to keep up with your mortgage payments? Have you received a notice of repossession from your lender? If so, you’re not alone. Many homeowners across the UK face the terrifying prospect of losing their homes due to

WordPress Cookie Plugin by Real Cookie Banner