Disputing a Will can also be referred to as ‘contentious probate’ and it is a dispute relating to the distribution of a person’s estate when they pass away.

There are several reasons why people decide to challenge a Will after the testator is dead. You may feel that you deserve more. You may feel you have not got what you had been promised. You may also feel that you have been wrongly left out of the Will or that you have concerns about the Will was made.

Whatever your situation, our solicitors in Enfield can give you the advice that you need.

To make a Claim:

  • A former spouse of the deceased person (only if you have not remarried)
  • A child of deceased person
  • A spouse of the deceased person
  • A partner who has lived with the deceased for at least 2 years immediately before death
  • A person treated as the child of the family by the deceased person
  • Someone who was supported financially by the deceased person

Grounds for making a Claim

  • The Will was not executed property
  • The Will was made under the influence
  • The deceased lacked the mental capacity when the Will was made
  • The Will not executed property
  • If you feel that the Will left you with nothing or not enough
  • Mistake of fact by the solicitor who originally did the Will

If any of the above apply to the situation you are in, you may be able to make a claim.

Chat to Del now and he will notify one of our solicitors.

Any claim made to dispute a Will must be done within 6 months of the grant of probate or the letter of administration if the deceased did not make a Will.

Our Wills and Probate Solicitors in Enfield  are on hand to let you know the options available for making a claim and the steps needed.

d Call us now on 02034173859 or complete our contact form and we’ll call you.

Recent Post

Will validity after divorce 

The 3C’s for parenting and sharing care over Christmas 

What happens do debt after someone dies 

Request a review of a homeless decision 

How to pass the British Citizenship Test 

The information given here is intended for general information purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice.